100g brown sugar
100g dark chocolate
8 tbsp golden syrup
200g unsalted butter
- Melt the butter, golden syrup and sugar together and then mix in the oats.
- Melt 100g of dark chocolate with 50g of butter in a bowl over hot water.
- Spread half of the oats in a baking tray (lined with greaseproof paper).
- Pour over the chocolate mixture and then put the rest of the oats on top.
- Cook in the oven at 160C/Gas Mark 3, 160C for 25 minutes.
- Whilst warm, mark into slices or bars.
- When cold, break into bars and store in an air tight tin.
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help