Serves: 6(1 Vote)
1/2 tbsp butter or margarine
50g desiccated coconut
110g white marshmallows
90g ricicles or Rice Krispies
1 tbsp dried cranberries (and currants or blueberries or liquorice loops, to decorate)
- Melt butter or margarine in a large saucepan over a low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies or Ricicles and stir until well coated.
- While mixture is still warm, shape with wet or greased hands into any desired design and roll or press coconut onto surface.
- Attach decorations of choice using a little melted chocolate or prepared icing. If cut, most dried fruit will stick without needing to do this.
- To make flat ghost shapes, flatten mixture onto a greased 33 x 20cm swiss roll baking tray, lined with greaseproof paper, using a greased spatula. The quantity will fill half the tray.
- Depending on required size, cut mixture into squares or rectangles prior to cutting out ghost shapes which can then be bent into required shapes.
To make 3D ghosts, cone shapes can be made by cutting out triangles and folding round.
Kids can help
Biscuit and sweets