50g short grain white rice
230ml baby's usual milk
- Rinse rice well and place in a small saucepan.
- Cover by about 0.5cm with freshly boiled water, bring to the boil and then cover and simmer until the water is absorbed and the rice is very tender, overcooked by adult standards.
- Blitz using a blender/hand blender/food processor and gradually add breast or formula milk to reach the desired creamy consistency.
- Spoon into ice cube trays, allow to cool and then freeze.
- When frozen, pop out into freezer bags and label with the date. When required defrost one or two cubes as needed.
You can use risotto rice as well
Much cheaper than buying the dried stuff, and you don't have to buy special ingredients. Make sure that you are not refreezing anything, eg use freshly expressed breast milk and not defrosted.
Baby and weaning