6 tbsp sugar
6 slices bread, (brown or white)
- Butter the slices of bread.
- Cut each slice into 4 triangles.
- Lay half in base of ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle with 3-4 tbsp sugar.
- Mix one egg and 125g milk, then pour over bread.
- Lay the remaining pieces of bread on top.
- Mix another egg with the rest of the milk and sprinkle with the rest of the sugar.
- Leave for 30 mins.
- Pre-heat oven to gas 4/180C.
- Bake for around an hour (or until top has turned golden brown)
You can use jam or chocolate spread instead of butter or you can even mix drinking chocolate into the milk to make a chocolate pudding.
Biscuit and sweets