Serves: 4(1 Vote)
1 medium onion, finely diced
2 tbsp flour
3 boneless skinless chicken breast
2 tbsp sweet hungarian paprika
1 300-500ml chicken stock
1 4-5 dollops sour cream
- Dice the onion finely and sauté in a little butter or oil until soft, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add paprika and continue to sauté and stir for a few minutes until onion is coated.
- Add stock and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and add chicken pieces, plus a dash of pepper, and salt if stock is unsalted.
- Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, then uncover and allow to reduce by about a third for about 10-15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Whisk flour with sour cream in a bowl and add to pot, again using a whisk.
Use a deep, wide pot, not a shallow frying pan.
Serve with wide noodles or rice and any veg.