1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch cinnamon or nutmeg
4 tsp honey
1 eggs large
4 thick slices fruit bread
100g Wensleydale cheese sliced
4 slices fruit bread thick
1 apples sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease a baking sheet with a little vegetable oil.
- Whisk the egg, milk and vanilla extract together in a shallow bowl.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Dip the slices of fruit bread into the egg mixture, allowing them to soak in for a few seconds, then transfer the slices to the prepared baking sheet.
- Core and thinly slice the apple and arrange the slices on top of the bread, then finish off with the sliced Wensleydale
cheese. Sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Baked in the oven for about 5 minutes until golden. Serve, drizzled with a teaspoon of honey per slice.
Try using Wensleydale with cranberries for a tasty twist on
Biscuit and sweets