Serves: 0(1 Vote)
1 tbsp oil, (I use olive - vegetable oil or melted butter would also work)
100ml warm water
100g strong cheddar cheese, finely grated
225g medium oatmeal
1 tbsp plain flour
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Mix the oatmeal and flour.
- Stir in the cheese, making sure it gets coated and isn't clumpy.
- Drizzle over the oil, then the water and mix with spoon/spatula to yield a firm, slightly sticky dough. Add a little more water if it seems to need it.
- Roll out thinly and cut into whatever size/shape you want.
- Place on baking tray (greased unless good nonstick) and bake for 10-15 minutes until just starting to turn golden at edges.
- Cool on a rack and store in airtight container.
You may prefer a different oatmeal, I usually use 200g medium + 25g pinhead for added bite.
You can also use exactly the same recipe but without the cheese to make non-cheesy oatcakes.
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help