Serves: 20(2 Votes)
115g self-raising flour
2 egg yolk
55g icing sugar
285g plain flour
1 jar mincemeat
- Preheat oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
- Rub butter into flour. Mix in icing sugar. Bind with egg yolks, form into a ball. Knead as little as possible. Wrap ball of pastry in clingfilm or plastic bag and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Lightly grease tartlet tins, cut out large and medium circles for base and lids. Use one teaspooon of mincemeat per pie, seal the lids using a little water.
- Brush lids lightly with milk before baking and also cut a little hole in the top of each one. You can sprinkle with a tiny amount of caster sugar if you want.
- Bake on the top shelf of the oven for approx 25 minutes.
- When golden brown on top, remove the mince pies from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from tins.
- Cool the mince pies on wire trays.
Really simple mince pie recipe. Don't over-knead the pastry, add a bit of water if it doesn't bind easily.
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help