Serves: 4(1 Vote)
4 tbsp oil, or ghee
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tin chopped tomato
1 tsp ground coriander
1 handful fresh coriander, washed and roughly chopped
2 onions, chopped
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 pinch curry leaves, (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick pot (make sure it has a lid for later).
- Fry the curry leaves for 5-10 seconds.
- Add the onions to the pot and fry until they are see through or slightly golden.
- Add in all the spices, along with a pinch of salt and pepper, and fry for a minute.
- Add the tin of tomatoes and bring to boil. Cook on a low to medium heat for roughly 5 minutes.
- Crack the eggs directly on top of the tomatoey mixture in the pot, then cover and cook on low until the eggs are white.
- When the eggs are cooked through, mix them into the tomato mixture. Try and leave the eggs mostly intact.
- Finally, add the fresh coriander and cook a further 5 minutes on a low heat. Serve warm with rice.
Put your rice on before starting to cook so its all ready at the same time!
Add more or less chilli powder depending on your personal preference.