50g caster sugar
100g unsalted butter
150g plain flour
- Pre-heat oven to 150C.
- Put flour in a bowl and rub in the butter (softened) to make fine crumbs and stir in the sugar.
- Work the mixture until it forms a ball. Knead until smooth and work into a round. Roll and pat out on a very lightly floured surface to an 18cm round. Slide or lift the dough onto a baking sheet and flute the edges with your fingers.
- Mark the circle into eight triangles with a knife, cutting all the way through. Prick all over with a fork.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. When it is done, it will still be pale.
- While still warm sprinkle with sugar and cut through the markings.
Biscuit and sweets