Serves: 16(2 Votes)
100g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
100g white chocolate, chopped
200g light muscovado sugar
110g soft butter
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
110g plain flour
75g dried cranberries, or cherries
- 20cm (8in) Square tin (1 inch deep) lined with baking parchment.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/170C fan/Gas Mark 4.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, making sure that the bowl doesn't touch the water. Once melted, leave off the heat to cool a little.
- Next put the butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl and, using an electric hand whisk, beat together for a couple of minutes until they are the texture of course breadcrumbs.
- Add the eggs a little by little, still beating.
- Sift in the flour and add the slightly cooled melted chocolate, the chopped white chocolate and the cranberries or cherries. Gently fold everything together.
- Tip the mixture into the tin, spread it out and bake on the centre shelf of the oven for 25 mins.
- Leave to cool in the tin, then remove and cut into 16 squares, these are best eaten fresh but will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Make 2, it goes very quickly.
Enjoy these as they are or serve warm with hot chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream.
Kids can help