1 pinch salt and pepper
200ml full fat milk, (or enough to make the mixture reach 300 mls)
100g plain flour, sifted
- Get a measuring jug, crack the two eggs in. Add pepper and salt.
- Add milk until it reaches the 300ml mark. Add the flour.
- Whisk by hand or with electric whisk until smooth.
- You can put the mixture in fridge before it's needed, but if left for a little while just re-whisk before you use.
- Get your pudding trays and add a little vegetable oil to each compartment. Heat at 220C-230C/Gas Mark 7-8 in top oven until the oil is smoking hot.
- Pour the mixture into each compartment about half way up and then put straight back in the oven. Rising time takes 20-30 minutes.
Best to use to two larger 6 compartment trays than one 12 compartment as they will rise a lot better. Oil must be burning hot.