Serves: 4(1 Vote)
1 pinch black pepper
1 lemon, juiced
8 slices smoked salmon, (preferably not farmed)
1 pint Guinness, (to serve)
8 slices mature Irish cheddar
1 loaf of wheaten bread, (or brown soda bread)
- Pour lemon juice over smoked salmon slices, and grind over black pepper.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast some slices of wheaten bread.
- Place a slice of smoked salmon on each piece of toasted bread.
- Cover salmon with slices of cheddar.
- Place under a hot grill until cheese has melted and bubbling and exposed edges of bread are slightly charring.
- Serve with Guinness to drink.
You can also drink the Guinness during the preparation.
Kids can help