Serves: 4(5 Votes)
1 medium butternut squash peeled and diced into 1 inch squares
1l vegetable stock
3 red onion roughly chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Place the squash in a large oven-proof dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Put the dish into a pre-heated oven for about 40 minutes.
- Towards the end of the cooking time, fry the red onions in some olive oil until soft but not too browned.
- Make up the stock in a large pot and add the squash and onion, simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Mix in a blender fully to form a smooth delicious soup.
This freezes well although will look awful when you defrost it, but once heated through it is fine. If I have time I re-blend it once it has defrosted.