Serves: 10(1 Vote)
1 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
3 tbsp honey
100g light brown sugar
100g dried fruit (doesn't have to be a mix - cranberries are lovely on their own)
200g porridge oats
200g mixed seeds or lessen the amount and chuck in some dessicated coconut as well.
- Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan/Gas Mark 3.
- Butter and line the base of a 18 x 25cm tin. A 20cm cake tin (with a loose bottom preferably) is fine too.
- Toast the oats and seeds in a baking tray in the oven until lightly brown, about 5-10 minutes. I line it with baking parchment.
- Warm the butter, honey and sugar gently in a pan.
- Add the oat mix, cinnamon and dried fruit and mix.
- Tip into the tin, press down lightly, then bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool in the tin, then cut into slices.
Do not try to remove until it's cool or it'll fall to pieces and you'll just eat them trying to sort out the mess. Keep it airtight, but preferably not in cling film because it can get a little bit soggy on the base.
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help