225g self-raising flour
100g caster sugar
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 lemon, grate the rind and save the juice
1 eggs, beaten
1 box edible glitter , optional
1 bag boiled sweets
- Heat oven to 180C/gas mark 4.
- Mix flour, sugar and ginger.
- Rub in butter.
- Add the lemon and juice and enough egg to make a stiff dough.
- Roll the dough out thinly and use a circular cutter to make the round biscuits.
- With a small star cutter, cut out the middle of the circle.
- Place on greased baking tray and bake for about 7 mins.
- Put a boiled sweet in the middle of the biscuit and bake for another 4 mins until the sweet has melted.
- Remove from oven, lightly sprinkle glitter onto the star.
- Place on baking tray and leave to cool. Enjoy!
These can be placed on the Christmas tree, or hung at Halloween, just use a straw to make a hole in the dough before baking, then when cooled, thread a ribbon through the hole.
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help