Serves: 8(2 Votes)
220g caster sugar
250ml double cream
1 tin of pears
4 egg whites
1 Flake bar
- Preheat the oven to 120C. Line a large baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks, and places the whites into a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until the whites are just stiffening.
- Slowly add the caster sugar bit by bit while continuing to beat the egg whites until all the sugar is in and you have a white, shiny mixture that holds its peaks.
- Spoon the mixture onto the grease-proof paper in the baking tray, spreading it outwards in a circular motion and raising the edges so that, once cooked, the middle of the pavlova will be able to accommodate the cream. Also make sure there's enough room in the baking tray around the pavlova for the mixture to grow slightly.
- Place in the centre of the oven for 2 hours (reduce to 1hr 45mins for fan-assisted). Remove from oven and allow to cool fully before taking it off the grease-proof paper and placing it on a serving plate.
- Prior to serving, whip the cream and place it in the middle of the pavlova. Remove as many of the pears that you will need from their juice, slice them, and place on the cream to create a pattern.
- To finish, crumble the Flake all over the pears and cream.
- Cut into slices, enjoy, and come back for seconds!
Biscuit and sweets