Serves: 8(1 Vote)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed, or very finely sliced
2 tbsp Parmesan coarsely grated
3 slices bread (from any sort of loaf)
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Cut slices into about 1.5 cm cubes (the more rustic you want the croutons, the bigger and rougher you can cut them!)
- Put the bread into a baking tray big enough to accommodate them in one layer, more or less.
- Pour over enough oil to lightly coat the bread, mix.
- Add the garlic and Parmesan and mix in again.
- Bake in oven for about 10 minutes until the croutons are golden brown; don't forget them!
Can be stored for a few days after making in a sealable container
- Don't leave out all the small crunchy bits at the bottom of the pan, they're the best bits!