2 tins sweetcorn
1 tbsp soy sauce
3 white onion
2 braeburn apples
8 pork chops
115ml vegetable oil
185g long grain rice
For the chops:
- Core apples over frying pan
- Finely slice apples into O shapes and layer oven tin. Lay chops across apple slices.
- Sweat off in frying pan in a little oil. Keep moving around the pan by tossing or stirring so that they do not burn. When done cover chops with contents of pan and oil.
- Layer remaining apples slices over the top. Cover with clingfilm and place in oven at 200C/Gas mark 8 for 1 hour.
- Boil rice until fluffy and cool in ice water.
- Dice pepper and roughly slice onion and mushroom.
- Sweat off onions, pepper and mushrooms. Transfer to bowl to add to rice. In frying pan with oil cook off sweetcorn for 10 minutes. Transfer to bowl with onions etc.
- Heat oil in frying pan until starts to smoke. Add some of the onion/pepper mix and a splash of soya sauce and keep tossing in the pan
5.When veg is covered by soya, add some of the rice and a bit more soya sauce until rice is also covered. Keep tossing so mix does not burn or stick to pan.
- Cook off for 5 minutes and transfer to oven tin. Repeat until all rice and veg mix is cooked off. Cover with tin foil and place in oven with chops for remaining 40 minutes.
- Remove when chops are cooked and serve chops on top of rice.
Use 2 chops per adult or if cooking for children use 1 to 2 chops dependant on preference.
Rice is also good with minted danepak steaks or findus fishbakes.
Keep ingredients moving in frying pan - this will stop it sticking to and burning on pan.
Chops can be done in slow cooker.