Serves: 4(2 Votes)
1 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp apricot jam
1 knob butter melted
3-4 apples peeled and thinly sliced
1 box ready rolled puff pastry ideally all butter
- Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas Mark 7. Put a baking sheet in to heat.
- Cut the pastry into medium rounds about 15cm diameter (a small plate upside down works well). Cut out as many as you can from your pastry sheet.
- Prick the pastry with a fork a few times (this stops it puffing too much).
- Put the apples on the pastry (arrange them all cute if you have the time/inclanation).
- Brush the apples with melted butter and sprinkle the sugar over the top.
- Transfer the tarts to the hot baking tray (leave a bit of space between the tarts) and bake for 15 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven, spoon over the sieved jam, and return to the oven for 4 or 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving (they get very, very hot).
If you have a non-stick baking liner or some baking parchment around, it is really useful to assemble the tarts on this and then just transfer the sheet, with the tarts intact, to the baking tray. Saves alot of faffing with apples falling off everywhere!
Kids can help