1 onion, chopped finely
100ml stock, salt-free
1 tbsp mild curry paste , I use korma
1 handful baby spinach, optional
120ml single cream
1/4 butternut squash, diced and cooked
3 chicken thigh, or equivalent, cooked, boned and cut into small cubes.
- Heat a glug of oil in a wok or non stick pan.
- Add onion, cook for a minute.
- Add a spoonful or so of curry paste, cook for another minute until onion turning translucent.
- Make up about 150ml of salt-free stock and bring back to the boil.
- Meanwhile, chop any thick stalks from the spinach (if using) and chop leaves roughly so they don't clump when cooking.
- Add spinach, cooked chicken, stock and cooked squash to pan, heat for a minute or so.
- Add cream and heat again, until spinach wilted and chicken heated through.
- Serve with cous cous or boiled rice
Use a conservative amount of curry paste until you know how strong your child will like it. I find chicken thighs or legs are more succulent and therefore preferred by toddlers. Freeze in individual portions