1 tbsp oil
1 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
25 g butter
500 g brussels sprouts, remove outer leaves and halved
240 g whole chestnuts, halved or quartered
6 slices bacon, finely sliced
- Plunge the brussels sprouts into a pan of boiling water and boil for two minutes.
- Drain well and refresh the sprouts under cold running water, then drain again.
- Heat the butter and oil in a deep-sided frying pan or wok.
- Add the bacon and fry until crispy, then add the garlic and cook for a few seconds.
- Add the sprouts and chestnuts and stir-fry until all the ingredients are heated through.
Canned chestnuts need no preparation before cooking, so this meal takes just minutes to make.