Serves: 30(1 Vote)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
4 tbsp water
1 eggs beaten
1 packet of fine/medium matzoh meal
- Beat the egg and add salt and white pepper.
- Add the oil and water and give a quick stir.
- Then slowly pour in the matzo meal and keep stirring. The meal will form a “doughy” consistency.
- You don't want to add too much matzo meal or the mixture will go to dry and you won't be able to form into balls.
- If you are unsure of how much matzo meal to add, then simply add some and leave for a few mins as it will start to firm up.
- When you are happy with the consistency of the mixture, leave to stand for a few minutes and then form into small balls.
- Throw into a pan of boiling, salted water and then cover with a lid for around 10 minutes.
- The Kneidalach will puff up and rise to the top. Then simmer for around 20-40 minutes
- These little dumplings are usually served in chicken soup, but they are delicious in any type of soup.
coat your hands in a tiny bit of vegetable oil before rolling the balls as this will stop the mixture sticking to your hands
Kids can help