Serves: 2(1 Vote)
8oz self-raising flour
1oz caster sugar
1/2 pints milk
1 pinch salt
1oz melted butter, plus extra for frying
- Mix flour, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs into the milk, make a well in the flour and gradually whisk the egg mixture in.
- Add the melted butter.
- Melt some butter in a large frying pan and drop large spoonfuls of the batter in - you can do about four at a time.
- When bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes, flip them over and cook on the other side.
- Serve for breakfast with syrup, maple syrup and bacon, fresh fruit and creme fraiche, etc.
Add sultanas to the batter. Nice with a cuppa at tea time!
You can keep the batter overnight in the fridge.
Top with golden syrup, or other toppings - maple syrup and bacon, fresh fruit and creme fraiche, Nutella…!etc.
Kids can help