225g potato, mashed with 20g (1oz) butter
1 bag flour, (to dip fish balls in)
1 eggs, beaten
340g fish , cooked and flaked
55g onions, lightly fried but not browned
- Mash the freshly cooked potato with the butter.
- Add the flaked fish to the potato.
- Add the cooked onion.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Form into small walnut size balls.
- Coat with a few tbsps of the flour and leave in refrigerator for half and hour to firm,
- Fry in hot fat until golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve with melted butter or your own preference for a cream sauce.
These are great for kids and you can use any fish you like but smoked haddock is especially good!
They are great for the grown ups to for a starter dish.