225 g self-raising flour
100 g caster sugar
1 splashes milk
1 pinches salt
1 medium egg, beaten
1 pinch salt
100 g margarine
- Heat oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6. Grease a baking tray.
- Mix the flour and salt, rub in fat and stir in the sugar.
- Mix to a stiff dough with the egg and the milk.
Roll into walnut-sized balls and make a hole in the centre by pressing in your thumb (don't press too hard, you don't want too it too thin at the bottom.)
- Place on a baking tray.
- Fill each hole with the jam and bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.
Use different flavoured jams, kids LOVE these.
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help