Serves: 4(3 Votes)
4 chicken breast, or thighs or drumsticks, chopped
100ml soy sauce
0.5 tsp chinese five spice
300g egg noodles, or 4 nests
- Mix the soy sauce, honey, and Chinese five spice powder together. Put the chicken in an oven dish and cover in the soy and honey mixture, ensuring fully coated.
- If you have time, cover with clingfilm and allow to marinate for at least 30 mins in the fridge.
- Cook in the middle of the oven at Gas Mark 5 for 30 minutes. Turn the chicken and baste in the juices halfway through.
- 10 minutes before the end of cooking time, set a large pan of water on to boil for the noodles. Drop the noodles into the boiling water and cook as per the packet instructions (usually 4 minutes).
- Drain the noodles and return to the pan. Take the chicken out of the oven when cooked. Tip some of the cooking juices to make a sauce and stir. Serve the noodles with the chicken on top.
(Alternatively, after taking the chicken out of the oven, shred the meat before mixing with the noodles.)