Lidl School of Christmas: Sprout and potato rostis
Let's face it: sprouts need sprucing up if we're ever going to see the end of veg-negotiations over Christmas dinner.
Enter Michelin star awarded chef, Kevin Love, with a simple, tasty alternative: shredded sprout and potato rostis.
Super-quick and easy to make, it's a recipe that the kids can help with too. Here, Mumsnet blogger Heledd, of Running In Lavender, five-year-old Lili, and three-year-old Poppy, get stuck in...
Sprout and potato rostis
Makes 4 - 6
- 2 large dry potatoes (like King Edward), scrubbed and grated
- 8 sprouts, washed and grated
- 35g creme fraiche
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and black pepper
- butter or vegetable oil for frying
1. Squeeze the moisture from your grated sprout and potatoes, then throw the lot in a bowl with the creme fraiche, egg yolk and parsley
2. Season with salt and pepper, then shape (we made them burger-size, but you could do one big one if you prefer)
3. Heat the oil or butter in a frying pan and fry the rostis for 3-4 minutes on each side, until they're golden and crisp
4. Remove from the pan, drain on kitchen towel, and serve
Optional for thicker or larger versions: finishing them in the oven for 5-10 minutes
Liked this? You'll love...
Last updated: about 1 year ago