Pizza dough recipe
When it comes to whipping up something everyone likes, it's hard to beat the humble pizza.
Pizza dough is easy and fun to make - just add a nice tomato sauce and whichever toppings you fancy.
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 280ml warm water
- 360g plain or wholemeal flour
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pinches of salt
1. Mix the yeast and water together in a small bowl. In a separate, larger bowl, sieve the flour and make a well in the centre.
2. Pour the yeast mixture and the oil into the well and mix with a wooden spoon until the texture turns doughy.
3. Clean and flour a flat surface, then place the dough on it. Turn out and knead with your hands for about three minutes.
• See more Mumsnet recipes
• Add your own favourite recipe
• Teach your child to cook
• Family meal planner
• Recipe conversion chart
4. Place pizza dough in a clean bowl and cover with a towel. Then leave it to rise in a warm place for at least 30 minutes. The dough should nearly double in size. Once your dough has risen, pre-heat the oven to 220C / gas mark 7.
5. Place risen dough on a floured surface. Split into two equal halves and shape into round pizza bases using your hands.
6. Place the bases onto oiled baking trays, add your tomato sauce and topping, and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
Recipe uploaded by Mumsnetter GwarchodwrPlant
Last updated: about 1 year ago