Irish recipes for St Patrick's Day
You'll probably be wanting something to go with the whiskey and Guinness on St Patrick's Day. Here are a few classic Irish recipes Mumsnetters have come up with.
Mumsnet Irish recipes
- Speedy soda bread - bread you can have on the table in 45 minutes. Great on any day, but particularly good for St Patrick's Day.
- Dublin coddle - a speedy stew, which also has the benefit of being easy on your budget.
- Smoked salmon and Guinness toastie - a great Irish snack made famous at Nancy's Bar in Ardara, Donegal.
- Irish boxty - easy to make ahead of time, these potato pancakes are also great after-school snacks, too.
- Easy Irish stew - a classic one-pot meal, excellent for using up vegetables. Tastes better if left for a day or two before reheating.