Dan Lepard's sweet shortcrust pastry
To go with Dan's easy, suet-free mincemeat recipe, here is his recipe for sweet shortcrust pastry.
- 250g plain flour
- 50g icing sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- About 2 tbsp (30ml) ice-cold water
- Sift the flour, icing sugar and salt into a bowl.
- Break the butter into small pieces and rub this through the flour until it vanishes.
- Beat the egg yolks with the water and stir this into the flour.
- Mix to a very soft and smooth dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and chill for at least 30 minutes before rolling out.
- Dan's gluten-free shortcrust pastry
- Slow Christmas food recipes
- Christmas starter recipes
- Search Christmas recipes
- All Christmas content
Last updated: about 1 month ago