Chicken noodle soup
In need of a comforting meal? This warming chicken noodle soup is packed with zingy lemongrass, lime juice and ginger to put a spring back in your step.
Experiment with using different veg like mange tout or red pepper, or adding some chopped chilli for some extra heat.
- 1l good (preferably home-made) chicken stock
- 2 chicken breasts (chopped)
- 1 pak choi (chopped)
- 200g rice noodles
- 1 tin of bamboo shoots
- Handful of mushrooms (chopped)
- Thumb-length piece of fresh ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 3 lemongrass stalks (finely sliced)
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 2 spring onions (chopped)
- Handful of fresh coriander (roughly chopped)
- Olive oil
• See more Mumsnet recipes
• Add your own favourite recipe
• Family meal planner
• Recipe conversion chart
- In a big pan, heat a little oil then add the chopped chicken until it is just cooked, then add the fresh ginger and mushrooms.
- Cook for a few more minutes then add the chicken stock, lemongrass, lime juice, bamboo, pak choi and spring onions.
- Bring to boil then turn heat down and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Now cook the noodles according to the instructions on the packet. Once they are cooked add them to the simmering broth and sprinkle the torn coriander in, and serve.