Chicken noodle soup
In need of a comforting meal? This warming chicken noodle soup is packed with zingy lemongrass, lime juice and ginger to put a spring back in your step.
Experiment with using different veg like mange tout or red pepper, or adding some chopped chilli for some extra heat.
- 1l good (preferably home-made) chicken stock
- 2 chicken breasts (chopped)
- 1 pak choi (chopped)
- 200g rice noodles
- 1 tin of bamboo shoots
- Handful of mushrooms (chopped)
- Thumb-length piece of fresh ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 3 lemongrass stalks (finely sliced)
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 2 spring onions (chopped)
- Handful of fresh coriander (roughly chopped)
- Olive oil
• See more Mumsnet recipes
• Add your own favourite recipe
• Family meal planner
• Recipe conversion chart
- In a big pan, heat a little oil then add the chopped chicken until it is just cooked, then add the fresh ginger and mushrooms.
- Cook for a few more minutes then add the chicken stock, lemongrass, lime juice, bamboo, pak choi and spring onions.
- Bring to boil then turn heat down and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Now cook the noodles according to the instructions on the packet. Once they are cooked add them to the simmering broth and sprinkle the torn coriander in, and serve.
Last updated: 3 months ago