Burns Night recipes
Whether you're a Scot yourself, want to make a special effort for a Scottish loved one , or just enjoy challenging yourself to serve up something nice and seasonal, our Burns Night supper ideas will do the job.
Burns Night is always held on 25 January, which in 2014 falls on a Saturday, so we've trawled through the Mumsnetters' recipes to find some great supper ideas with a distinctly Scottish flavour.
- Cullen skink - ostensibly haddock chowder, this version adds in sweet potato to the traditional ingredients
- Rabbie Burns chicken - a creative way to get the kids to eat haggis
- Oatmeal stuffed neeps - a great Burns supper dish for vegetarians (or Haggis haters)
- Mince and tatties with dumplings - simple family supper
- Cranachan - finish your meal off with oaty, fruity goodness
- Cranreuch's crumbles - another oaty dessert
- Whisky crunch sundae - an easy dessert to make with or without the booze
- Scottish tablet - one of the world's most sugary treats
- Smoked salmon paté - perfect for canapes you're having more of dinner party