Carrot and apple muffins with Dan Lepard
Watch step-by-step videos of how to make the muffins and ice them
Here are some pictures taken during the webchat (aka having our cake and eating it).
Big thanks to all the Mumsnetters who took part and loaded pictures on their profiles.
Dan's ideas for giving the muffins a marmalade makeover:
- Grated orange, lemon or lime zest, or pieces of candied peel mixed through the batter
- A little marmalade in place of some of the sugar
- A marmalade and icing sugar glaze once they come out of the oven
- Turn it into a steamed pudding with marmalade at the base
- Bake in the oven with poached oranges and spices underneath the mixture
- Pour the mixture into two sponge tins, bake and fill with marmalade and cream, and orange water icing on top
- Make a traybake instead of individual muffins and cover the top with lemon cream cheese frosting.
Dan asked if we could tell Mumsnetters about the World Marmalade Festival, held each February to promote interest in marmalade making and support the charity Hospice at Home. And obviously we're happy to do so.
Last updated: about 1 year ago