Lidl School of Christmas: Chocolate Bombe
When we teamed up with Lidl to solve your festive food dilemmas, time and again we heard criticisms of the traditional Christmas pudding. Stodgy, rich, and turned down by children - so why not mix things up this year?
Look no further than this super-easy, show-stopping alternative: a delicious, chocolate-covered frozen dessert, courtesy of Michelin star awarded chef, Kevin Love - and 100% recommended by five-year-old Lili, Mumsnet Blogger Heledd of Running In Lavender, and us.
- 200g cream cheese
- 200g mascarpone cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- 50g island mix
- 50g fruit and seed mix
- 50g mixed nuts
- 50g blueberries
- 50g raspberries (save three for decorating!)
- 100g mixed grapes cut into halves or quarters
- 50g segmented orange
- 100g butter
- 200g milk or dark chocolate
- drizzle of melted white chocolate, for decorating
- fresh mint leaves, for decorating
Tip: If you want to make a lighter version, swap out the cream cheeses for low fat yoghurt
1. Add the cream cheeses into a bowl with your icing sugar and whisk until smooth, then mix in all the fruits, nuts and seeds
2. Line a pudding bowl (0.5 litre capacity / 14cm across / 7.5cm deep) with a couple of layers of cling film. Pour in your mixture and leave to set in the fridge for 2-3 hours. Finish it in the freezer for 30 minutes just to make it extra cold, which will help the chocolate set in Step 3
3. Pour over your melted milk or dark chocolate - and watch it set in seconds!
4. Decorate with a puddle of white chocolate, some fresh raspberries and a sprig of mint to create a holly and ivy effect
5. Admire, slice and devour
Liked this? You'll love...
Last updated: about 1 year ago