Top tips for feeling good at any age
Dr Nick Lowe
Dr Lowe has written over 400 clinical and research papers and 18 books, sits on the editorial board offive scientific journals and is a founding editor of the Journal Of Cutaneous Laser Therapy. He’s on the specialist register of The General Medical Council and specialist certified by the Royal College of Physicians and American Board Of Dermatology.
"Daily SPF 15 and UVA protective day cream."
Boots Feel Good Forum says: As we mention in the Learn More article here, every day your skin is exposed to UV rays, both UVA and UVB, causing up to 90% of your skin's visible ageing. UVA rays can cause long-lasting damage and premature skin ageing, whereas UVB, are the rays that burn your skin. Most people aren't aware that creams with Sun Protection Factor (SPF) mainly protect against UVB.
"Choose reliable, tested creams."
Boots Feel Good Forum says: It's important that the creams we use are tested to ensure that the claims they make are in-fact proven. Whether they claim to have SPF and UVA protection, or boost collagen production, the products you use need to be tested to ensure they can deliver on their promise.
"Eat a good, varied diet."
Boots Feel Good Forum says: If you want good skin, it's important to watch your diet. Higher intakes of vitamin C and a lower intake of fats and carbohydrates may help the appearance of your skin as it ages.
Emma Kenny is a qualified and highly experienced practitioner with Psychological and Counselling qualifications recognised by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and the British Psychological Society, and is a regular speaker at conferences and corporate events events. Emma believes that feeling good is about getting the most out of life, and choosing to get motivated to change yourself.
- "Think positive - Reframing our negative mind talk into constructive and positive thoughts really helps."
- "Fake it till you make it - Confident people haven't always been that way; very often we feel the way the world reflects us. If we act confident, others treat us that way, this reinforces that we are and helps us to start believing."
- "Get real - The truth is that there is nothing you can do about age: it's best to try and stop concentrating on the number and start concentrating on your health. Make the ageing process a positive one by living in the best way possible."
- "Remember to appreciate what really matters - Great relationships, great conversation, being taken seriously and genuinely knowing more! These are some of the greatest things age has to offer us."
- "Change the things that need to be changed - Take control and exercise agency over areas of your life you are unhappy with. This makes us feel better whilst reminding us of our courage and strengths!
If you didn't manage to catch the show on Sunday, don't worry you can listen to it now via our pop-out player.
Last updated: about 1 year ago