10 gobsmacking things people have ACTUALLY saidEver had a moment where you think 'Did you really just say that to me?' These Mumsnetters have. Prepare to have your flabber well and truly gasted
1. "I have these hideous flowering plants in my garden; so
loud and garish. They really lower the tone. I've dug them up: I think
they'll be a better fit in your garden!"
2. "My dad, gazing at me when I was a small child: 'Aye, yer a lovely lassie. Yer no a bonny lassie, and that's a shame, but yer nice.'"
3. "When my now-husband and I told his mother we were engaged,
the first words out of her mouth were, 'Oh no!'"
4. "A friend, talking about my boyfriend at the time: 'Isn't it
funny, you going out with him, when he's been in love with me for so many
5. "From a male colleague: 'The main problem with your hair is
its colour.' We had not been discussing hair earlier - or, in fact, ever."
6. "Sister-in-law to me, when we went round for lunch:
'Sometimes it makes me quite sad just how average your life is.' I was lost for
7. "On my wedding day, seeing me in my dress, my
mother-in-law greeted me with 'Oh, you're wearing white...'"
8. "A mum in the playground, when I was pregnant: 'I think
you're having a girl because your skin's got really spotty.'"
9. "On a night out years ago, a lad said to me 'I'd fancy you if you lost a stone.' I replied, with a perfect head-tilt, 'I'd fancy you, if you weren't so fucking ugly'. I still see him now - he's old, bald, and pretends he doesn't know me."
10. "My father once told me I had 'strangler's hands', so that was nice."
Liked this? Try these:
Last updated: 8 months ago