National Trust - a Family Friendly company
Launched in 2011 and compiled with the help of 1700 children, 50 things to do before you're 11 ¾ has been designed to help all families, no matter where they are, to get outside and enjoying our amazing natural environment.
- We are great value for families with young children. Children under five go free, all year round.
- We offer our family visitors a huge range of activities to enjoy. A small sample of these include:
• Our hugely popular Easter Egg Trails, generously sponsored by our partner Cadbury
• Biking, canoeing, walking and wildlife spotting for the more adventurous
• Bug hunting in our gardens
• Letting off steam in one of our many play spaces
• Simply relaxing with a picnic and ball game in a glorious setting
• And many more
- Our Family Membership model is flexible. It is available to one or two parent families, with a discount for one parent families and grandparents. Members go free at all our pay for entry places, and can park for free at all our countryside site.
- Our staff can take advantage of flexible working conditions, with compressed hours, part-time and working from home options all available. If there's an important assembly on the horizon, it's likely our staff are able to be there.
- W e support parents by providing enhanced maternity conditions, paternity and adoption leave, childcare vouchers and parental leave to help parents at crucial moments in their child's development.
We want to be known for being a very enjoyable family friendly day out. Joining the Mumsnet Family Friendly Programme has inspired us to create our own family friendly standards and we are encouraging all our places to meet them. These include:
- All our staff and volunteers offering families a great welcome, sharing what to do, where to go and offering a helping hand when needed.
- Family friendly baby-changing and hand washing facilities in all our places – including step stools up to sinks.
- Enabling stress free family eating in our cafés through offering practical high chairs, simple activities to engage children and lunchtime menus that appeal to the whole family.
- Just as importantly, we want our members of staff to enjoy a great work-life balance, and will continue to offer and improve our family friendly HR policies.
"I feel that it is extremely important for the Trust to be recognised as a family friendly employer. Not only does it help us attract and retain great people it reinforces the family friendly environment we are creating for our members and visitors to enjoy at our properties. And as a mum of two small children, I know how important it is to have a family friendly environment and be a family friendly employer!" Tina Lewis, Director of People and Legal Services
Last updated: 2 months ago