How to make ladybird rock pets
Transform a humble pebble into a googly-eyed bug with these quick and easy instructions from Hobbycraft.
These ladybirds are quick and easy to make - the perfect school holiday project. They're also a perfect chance to test your design skills - once you've got the hang of ladybirds, what's stopping you trying frogs, bees or butterflies? The garden's your oyster...
You will need
- Pebbles from the garden
- Acrylic paint
- Googly eyes
- Glue dots
Allow one hour to make, plus drying time.
How to make
- Collect a few good sized, round pebbles from the garden.
- Lay down some newspaper to protect your workspace, and paint the top half of each pebble red.
- Leave to dry and apply another coat if necessary.
- Once the pebble is completely dry, turn over and paint the bottom.
- Decide which end of the pebble will be the head, and paint this section black. Add a black stripe down the middle and spots on each side.
- Take two googly eyes and place a glue dot on the back of each. Secure in place on the ladybird. Allow to dry.
Last updated: over 1 year ago