How to make a funk-monster sock puppet
This is one monster that has all the essentials - pompoms, googly eyes, and most importantly, cuteness. The funk-monster sock puppet will keep kids entertained for a good hour. Hobbycraft talk us through how to make one, step by step.
You will need:
- Needle darner
- Pom poms
- Googly eyes
- Grey chenille stem
- Craft feathers
- PVA glue
- Old sock (preferably washed!)
How to make
- Put the sock onto one hand, pushing in the end between thumb and your other four fingers to form a mouth.
- Using a needle darner, sew the mouth into place with pink cotton thread down each side.
- Cut a semi circle of yellow felt to fit inside the mouth and glue into place. Add a tongue cut out of red felt as shown.
- Cut out two nostrils from fuchsia pink foam and glue on the top of the sock at the front, for the nose.
- Glue two small pink pom poms on top and affix a googly eye on each.
- Cut two pieces of grey chenille stem for the eyebrows and glue into place above the eyes.
- Group three pink feathers together and glue into place on the front of the heel of the sock.
- Cut out a crown from the remaining yellow felt and affix into place in front of the pink feathers.
- Finish by gluing three pom poms down the back of the sock.
Last updated: over 1 year ago