WIN THE CHANCE FOR YOUR TEENAGER AND THEIR BEST FRIEND TO BE FLAGBEARERS AT THE 2014 FIFA WORLD CUP IN BRAZIL WITH COCA-COLA
2014 FIFA World Cup™ Mumsnet Flagbearer Competition
Full Terms and Conditions
Eligibility to Enter
1. The competition offers entrants over the age of 18, and a resident of the UK the chance to win a trip for someone they know between the ages of 14 and 16 and one of their friends to be official England Flagbearers at the 2014 FIFA World Cup™ in Brazil at the England v. Italy game on Saturday 14th June 2014, not including employees of Coca-Cola, Coca-Cola Enterprises or their relatives and families, anyone else professionally connected with the competition or anyone subject to a Football Banning Order.
2. In the event of winning, the parental/guardian consent of both the prize winner and their friend must be obtained by completing a participation agreement in order for them to accept and participate in the prize. The winner and their friend must be physically able to perform their duties in accordance with the prize.
3. The prize winner and their friend must have a valid passport to travel with which is valid up until at least 16th December 2014 and must be free to travel to Brazil between 11th June and 16th June 2014.
4. It is the responsibility of the parents/guardians of the prize winner and friend to obtain permission from the relevant education authority for any time out of education required
5. The prize winner and their chosen friend will be required to submit valid identification and proof of age and parental consent before receiving their prize.
6. To enter the competition you need to answer the following: Tell us in 100 words or less why your nominated teenager is the most fanatical football fan and why they deserve to carry out the England flag at the 2014 FIFA World Cup™
7. Parents of legal guardians can answer by entering their answer on the Mumsnet entry page.
8. Competition entries restricted to one per person.
9. The winning entry will be chosen by a panel of judges at Mumsnet on Wednesday 26th March.
10. The judging criteria will be based on the following:
• An entry which conveys how passionate your nominated teenager is about football
• An entry which conveys how much it would mean to your nominated teenager to be a part
of the 2014 FIFA World Cup™
11. The judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Competition closes at 23:00 on 25th March 2014.
13. The parents or legal guardian of the prize winner will be contacted by email or phone on 26th March 2014 and will need to confirm acceptance of the prize on behalf of both the winner and their friend by 28th March 2014. As the fulfilment of this prize requires time to be of the essence, should the parents or legal guardians of the prize winner not confirm acceptance by 28th March 2014, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be chosen.
14. The prize consists of 2 places, for the prize winner and one friend, who must also be between
the ages of 14 and 16 years old on 14th June 2014. The prize includes:
• A four day trip to Brazil between 11 June 2014 and 16 June 2014 inclusive
• Return economy flights from a London airport
• Transfers in Brazil
• Carrying the England flag out onto the pitch in Manuas ahead of the England v. Italy game on Saturday 14th June 2014
• Official FIFA World Cup™ flagbearer uniform
• Shared (double room) accommodation for 3 nights, 4 days in a 3 star or higher hotel
• Breakfast, lunch, dinner and soft drinks/snacks each day in Brazil
• Opportunity to experience some of Manaus’ most famous landmarks including:
• a trip to the Amazon theatre
• a visit to the Manuas’ city market
• lunch at a floating restaurant
• a boat tour along the river
• Two Coca-Cola chaperones dedicated to the group at all times
15. Personal spending money is not included.
16. There are no cash or other alternatives to the prizes stated and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
17. After meeting at the London airport and until collection from the airport following the trip, the prize winner and their friend will be accompanied at all times by two chaperones, who will be provided by Coca-Cola. Please note that the prize does not include travel to Brazil or other participations by the parents or legal guardians of the prize winner. For the avoidance of doubt, it is the responsibility of the parent / legal guardian to arrange transfers to and from the London airport notified to them by the promoter.
18. It is the responsibility of the parents or legal guardians of the prize winner and friend to ensure that they are medically fit to travel and that they have had the recommended vaccinations and malaria tablets for Brazil.
19. Coca-Cola will purchase general travel insurance to cover health, safety and the event of injury. Personal belongings will not be covered.
20. Coca-Cola cannot be held liable for system failures or other failures outside of its control. Coca-
Cola cannot be held responsible to fulfil the obligations of any of the third parties involved in this promotion, although we will always endeavour to minimise the effect of any such failure.
21. Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions at any stage but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
22. Coca-Cola reserves the right to forfeit any of the prizes in the event of any breach of these
Terms & Conditions.
23. By entering this competition, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms & Conditions.
24. The promoter is Coca-Cola Great Britain, 1 Queen Caroline Street, London W6 9HQ.
25. The prize winner and their friend will be required to take part in publicity including, but not limited to, taking part in interviews, being filmed and allowing details of their story, home town and picture to be used in to be used print, broadcast and online media and in Coca-Cola’s social media platforms.
Last updated: over 1 year ago