Win a dream family holiday worth £5,000 - competition rules
Competition terms and conditions
1. Open to United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Promoter, HomeAway UK Ltd, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including Mumsnet Ltd and any other third party promotional partners.
2. The competition starts at 00.01am on 8 June 2015 and closes at 11.59pm on 13 July 2015 (the "Competition Period"). Any entries received outside the Competition Period will be void. One entry per person during the Competition Period.
3. To enter you must submit an entry of your child's creation of a 'dream holiday'. Entries must be a photograph of the creation which could be a drawing, a painting, a sculpture or anything else your child may dream up. Upload your photo using the online competition form above during the Competition Period. You must also provide the age and first name of your child. Only entries created by children aged between four and 12 years old will be accepted. You may enter only once per child.
4. You must retain the original item which is depicted in the photograph entry, as the winning entrants must provide the item/artwork to the Promoter for promotional and marketing purposes. The Promoter will cover the reasonable cost of posting the item/artwork.
5. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
6. There will be one winner during the Competition Period. Entries received outside of a Competition Week will not be considered.
7. The winner will be the entrant during the Competition Period whose entry, in the opinion of the judges, demonstrates originality, flair, enthusiasm, creativity by their child. There will be at least one independent judge on the judging panel. Entries must be the original work of your child and not previously published. Entries which are or appear to be plagiarised or not the genuine creation of your child will be disqualified. Entries (including but not limited to text and photographs) for this competition must not contain any content that is defamatory, libellous, racist, homophobic, derogatory, pornographic, obscene, sexist, illegal, and/or otherwise inappropriate. Entrants must not do anything illegal and/or dangerous and/or that would put themselves or others at any risk. You must get the prior consent of anyone who features in your entry.
8. Winners will be notified by email or phone or using the other contact details provided by the winner within seven days after the end of each Competition Week during the Competition Period. The overall winner will be notified within 14 days after the end of the Competition Period. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winners during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner from the valid entries that were received during the relevant Competition Week of the Competition Period.
9. The prize will be a holiday worth up to £5,000. The prize includes: (a) a stay at holiday rental property on Homeaway.co.uk up to a total value of £4,000. The Promoter will provide the Winner with one or more options of properties which best represent your child's vision of a 'dream holiday'. The property is subject to availability. Please also be aware that individual properties have different policies on allowing pets. If the cost of the Holiday Rental chosen by the Winner is more than £4,000 for their selected dates, the Winner will be required to pay the remainder of the cost. If the cost of the Holiday Rental chosen by the Winner is less that £4,000, the Winner will not be entitled to claim the difference in cash. (b) £1,000 cash to cover travel transportation costs such as flights, trains, car hire, ferry.
10. Unless otherwise specified in these terms and conditions, prize excludes transfers, food, drink, spending money and any other costs connected to the prize. The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part. The prize and all elements included within it are subject to availability.
11. The Prize Provider reserves the right to substitute any aspect of the prize with one of a similar value.
12. The winners and any guests will be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this competition.
13. The promoter of this competition is HomeAway UK Limited (the Promoter).
14. The prize provider for this competition includes the relevant property owner (the Property Owner) of the property selected by the winner. All holiday rentals will be subject to the terms and conditions of the Property Owner. The Winner will be required to complete a signed rental agreement with the Property Owner.
15. The Promoter will keep you informed about special offers, promotions and information that may be of interest to you which you will be able to opt out of.
General terms and conditions for competitions
- These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
- The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
- Entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access if entry is online or by email.
- An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on behalf of their own child, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this promotion including their full name, their child’s first name and age, address and e-mail address.
- By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Promoter’s website (the “Website”).
- Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Promoter and Prize Provider a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. The Promoter and Prize Provider reserve the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- The Promoter's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Promoter or its employees, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
- By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of HomeAway UK Limited, and the Prize Provider.
- Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
- For a list of winners please send a stamped envelope to HomeAway UK Limited, Marketing Department, Level 25, Portland House, Bressenden Place SW1E 5BH stating for which competition you would like winners’ details.
- Competition rules published in publications of the Promoter (including social media if applicable) or on the Website form part of these rules.
Last updated: over 1 year ago