Win a £100 voucher courtesy of Honda
At Workfest 2013 we teamed up with the team over at Honda UK to offer one Mumsnetter the chance to win a new, family-friendly Honda CR-V for a year.
Entrants had to tell us, in less than 30 seconds, how a Honda CR-V would help them achieve their dream of a new job or venture – otherwise known as an 'elevator pitch'.
We've whittled the entries down and now we are giving you the chance to vote for the winner. Below are the five short-listed finalists. Watch their video pitches and cast a vote for your favourite at the bottom of the page by Wednesday 3 July 2013.
Win: If you cast a vote your name will go into a prize draw to win a £100 John Lewis voucher.
Watch the five pitches then vote for your favourite
1. Jane Parmiter 2. Claire Fader
3. Sophie Gaxatte 4. Laura Kemp
5. Amy Lansdown-Nasson
Terms and conditions
1. The promotion is open to UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man residents aged 25 years or over who hold a Full UK Driving Licence. Employees (and immediate family) of the Promoter and its associated companies and Dealers, agents and other parties directly involved with this promotion are not eligible to participate.
2. No purchase necessary.
3. In order to participate in the promotion participants must give a pitch to camera lasting no more than 30 seconds in the video booth on the Honda stand during the Mumsnet “Workfest” event on Saturday 15th June 2013 (“the Event”). One entry per person.
4. To determine a winner, the following process will apply: (1) following the Event a panel of judges will review all the eligible videos and select the top 5 videos; (2) the top 5 videos will be posted online at mumsnet.com; (3) from 12pm on Wednesday 19 June 2013 to 5pm on Friday 5 July 2013 registered mumsnet.com users will be able to visit mumsnet.com/competitions/2013/June-2013/Honda and vote for their favourite video; (4) the video with the most votes will win the prize. One vote per registered mumsnet.com user/per email address. No canvassing of votes is permitted and multiple votes will be disqualified.
5. The winner will be notified by 17:00 (GMT) on Monday 8 July 2013 via the contact details given on the entry form. If the Promoter is not able, for any reason, to contact the winner by 18:00 (GMT) on Wednesday 10 July 2012 using the details provided to it, then the Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner and to reallocate the prize to such new winner.
6. There is only one prize available. The prize is a loan of a Honda CR-V for 12 months, including delivery to a mainland UK address, 12 months’ vehicle excise duty and comprehensive insurance for up to 2 drivers in total (min. age 25). The loan of the car is subject to the winning participant, prior to delivery (1) entering into a loan agreement with Honda (UK), which contains conditions of use (2) producing acceptable form of identification; and (3) production of a valid driving licence for each driver (both paper and photocard sections) that is acceptable to Honda (UK)’s insurers. Honda may from time to time contact you to get feedback on your experience of the car.
7. All participants entering eligible videos will receive a £15 Marks & Spencer voucher after recording their video.
8. Win a £100 voucher. All registered mumsnet.com users who vote will automatically be put into a free prize draw to win a £100 John Lewis voucher, valid for one year. The winner will be selected at random by an independent judge from all eligible entries and the draw will take place after voting closes on 5 July 2013. The winner of the voucher will be notified and the vouchers sent within 30 days via the contact details given on their entry form.
9. All vouchers are subject to additional terms and conditions of the issuing retailer.
10. Vouchers are subject to availability and the promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative voucher of equal or higher value where necessary. No cash alternative will be offered.
11. Any entry that could be considered fraudulent, defamatory, offensive, abusive, obscene, hateful, inflammatory, libellous, or that makes reference to Honda, its dealerships or any other motor vehicle manufacture in a negative way, or in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, damages or may be detrimental to the brand, reputation, standing or goodwill of the Promoter or any member of its group of companies or their products, will not be published and the participant shall be disqualified.
12. The Promoter shall have no liability whatsoever to the participant whose decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
13. By submitting a video the participant agrees that the video becomes the property of the Promoter and that the Promoter can use the video in any way it sees fit for the purposes of this promotion. The participant further agrees that the Promoter accepts no liability for any use made of any video appearing on the site or its download or onward transmission by any person by any means.
14. You agree that the Promoter may publish your name and video in any and all media and make your name available on request to third parties. By entering this competition you are agreeing to take part in any promotional activity resulting from your win, which may include partaking in reasonable publicity.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this promotion in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the promotion is not capable of being conducted within these terms and conditions or in the event of a virus, computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the competition.
16. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered by any participant resulting from entering this promotion, or any damage to any participant’s or other person’s computer or mobile phone equipment as a consequence of entering or downloading any material relating to this prize draw. Nothing shall exclude the Promoters liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
17. The decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
19. The promoter is Honda Motor Europe Limited t/a Honda (UK), 470 London Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL3 8QY.