Christmas starters for Christmas day lunch
Christmas lunch may very well be the only time in the year you attempt to put a three-course lunch in front of your family.
With merry hell going on in the kitchen, it's always a good idea to have fairly simple Christmas starters to kick things off with.
Here's a selection, but there are lots more in our Recipes section.
- Pan-fried goat's cheese wrapped in Parma ham
- Easy-peasy posh soup
- Raspberry, prosciutto and asparagus salad
- 'Pomodoro mozzarella' (tomato and mozzarella)
- Avocado starter
- Smoked salmon pate
- Chicken liver pate
- Tomato tart
- Red pepper stuffed with goats cheese
- Curried prawns
- Asparagus and smoked salmon tart
- Grapefruit and prawn salad
- Creamy garlic mushrooms
- Butternut squash, parma ham and rocket salad
- Non-alcoholic Christmas drinks