Mumsnet book club
Remember life before babies and children, when you read grown-up books all the way through?
If getting to the end of Burglar Bill or Angelina Ballerina without falling asleep is now a challenge, then revive your critical faculties, give 'being in the club' a new meaning and enjoy a satisfying natter courtesy of Mumsnet book club.
How it works
- Join Mumsnet, if you haven't already, so you have a log-in username and password
- Each month (bar Christmas and summer hols) we select a Book of the Month and generally we have a 50 free copies to give away
- If you don't manage to bag a free book, then beg, borrow or buy the selected title and read it before discussion night
- Bookmark our Book of the month Talk board so you can see new threads about the current and forthcoming book club discussions
- Once you've read the book, post your thoughts on the book of the month thread (but please try to avoid any crucial plot spoilers ahead of our book of the month discussion).
- We invite the book of the month's author to join us for a live webchat on book club discussion night, so if you've got burning questions about the characters' motivation, or want to talk about any of their previous books, or just want to know what they're reading to their kids, stick around and get posting (or post in advance and we'll pass on your questions/comments)
- The discussion starts at 9pm - copious amounts of tea or fine wine beside the keyboard are an optional extra
How we choose our book club reads
Book giveaways, links to the hottest (th)reads, author webchats… have you subscribed?
Our general aim is to select a range of fiction and non-fiction books that are page turning and tell us something we didn't know before, or make us laugh about something we did.
All books will be priced under £13 (most will be well under) and readily available.
We're keen to focus on contemporary authors so they can come and do live webchats with us, but will make the occasional foray into classic titles.
Last updated: over 1 year ago