How to Start A Blog in Blogger
So you've read our tips on how to start a blog and you're ready to take the plunge. Here's how to set up a blog in Blogger.
- First, go to the Blogger website.
- If you have a Google account, log in.
- If you don't, you'll need to create a Google account to use Blogger, or create a limited Blogger profile.
- Choose your blog's title and the web address. Try and make your blog title and the web address as similar as possible - this will make it easier for people to find your blog.
- Now it's time to choose what your blog will look like. You can change this at any point, so just choose something you want to try out. Select a layout template:
And you've created a new blog!
- You will then come to a webpage called your Dashboard. It looks like this:
This is where you can edit your settings and the layout of your blog, change the template, view page stats and comments, and, of course, write a post!
- Select the pencil icon at the top of the page or the New Post button on the left hand side and a textbox will come up. This is your new post, and it's time to start writing:
Write a title and type some text in. Your first post should be a little bit of an introduction to yourself and the blog and give an indication as to what you're going to write about.
- You can preview the post and see what it will look like on the page:
- When you are ready, hit 'Publish' and you'll return to the Dashboard. Congratulations! You've just set up your new blog.
Now you're good to go. And don't forget to register your blog with the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Happy blogging!