Mumsnet has long been home to loads of funny, provocative parents and now we're giving a similar platform to talented bloggers. Whether you're a seasoned writer or a plucky newbie, we're here to help you blog better, and to get your voice heard by the Mumsnet community and beyond.
We offer bloggers:
• Promotion on the UK's busiest parenting community of 3 million monthly unique visitors, and to our followers on Twitter (@MumsnetBloggers) and fans on Facebook (MumsnetBloggersNetwork)
• A front-page promoting the day's most topical, intriguing or funny posts, with a live feed featuring each new post from our members; plus links out to our featured bloggers, and those who are currently making headlines in the news
• A lively Talk forum to keep in touch and share tips with other bloggers
• Advice on how to improve your blog through headline, link and image tips - and suggestions on community and platform-management
• Tips on how to build your audience, through search engine optimisation (SEO), as well as social media and blog outreach
• The chance to be involved in product reviews for bloggers
How we work
Anyone who has a blog can apply to join. We accept blogs on anything and everything of interest to our audience:
Bloggers in the network remain free to write about and publish what they choose on their blogs. We link out to all blogs and individual posts on our site and social media. It's pretty simple, really: the bloggers get the readers, and retain full control and ownership of their work.
If you're new to the fun, do check out our handy guide to all things blog.
Widgets and Badges
We ask all members to carry either a Mumsnet Bloggers Network reviews widget, or an MBN badge, to help spread the Mumsnet word.
Which one you choose will depend on your personal preference - but we're keen to give the widget as much exposure as possible, since it both supports the network commercially, and drives traffic to you all. That said you certainly don't have to display the widget to join us (but it could be the deciding factor when we've got two great posts to choose from, but space to promote only one of them [wink]).
If you carry the MBN reviews widget, you'll get the opportunity to review products and events through our Research Panel. We're serious about the integrity of our reviews: you're a forthright bunch - and that's just how we like it. There's never any pressure to be positive, because we know that readers will soon lose interest in reviews which are anything less than frank and honest.
MBN Product Review Widget
The widget displays Mumsnet bloggers' reviews and links back to their blogs - so when your review appears on the widget, people can click on it to visit your blog. When the panel isn't displaying reviews, the widget shows a list of the most recent posts from our network. So we hope the widget will also link up Mumsnet bloggers, amplify your voices and give you all a little bit more traffic.
It's designed to fit on all major blog platforms with enough space to promote several great posts.
Don't hesitate to drop us a line at email@example.com with any thoughts, queries or quibbles about our network. For advertising inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And happy blogging!