Pasta Shells with Hidden Vegetable Bolognese
A tasty tomato-based sauce with five vegetables blended in - perfect for introducing texture into your baby's diet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small leek, washed and thinly sliced
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 150 ml/5 fl oz unsalted or weak beef or chicken stock
- 250 g/9 oz lean minced beef
- 2 x 400 g cans chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 x 250 g packet mini pasta shells
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion for 3 minutes.
2. Add the leek, mushrooms, carrot and celery and sauté for 7 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add half of the stock and simmer for 10 minutes, then put in a food processor and blitz.
4. Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan and brown the minced beef for 5 minutes, breaking up well with a fork or wooden spoon.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, sun-dried tomato paste and the remaining stock, and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Add the blended vegetables and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain and toss with the sauce.
Find more recipes on Annabel's website.
Liked this? Try these:
Last updated: 9 months ago