Total beginner-when to join yoga studio?

(4 Posts)
Littlelondoner Thu 28-Apr-16 19:14:19

Hey,

So I used to do yoga a long long time ago a few years ago as a teenager. But now I am wanting to get back into it.

I have been practising at home. But I still consider myself a total beginner.

I like the idea of joining a studio being around people and advise on postures etc.

But I just do not feel confident enough. How flexible good do people need to be to go to a beginners class?

Don't want to embarrass myself blush

Chottie Thu 28-Apr-16 19:16:18

Just go along and enjoy the class. All the yoga classes I go to are a mix of abilities. Hand on heart, no one is watching anyone else, everyone is concentrating on their own practice.

museumum Thu 28-Apr-16 19:25:28

Erm. Beginners classes are for beginners. You don't need to have even tried it before.

General classes that are "beginners welcome". It would be good to know roughly what a sun salutation involves but that's all really.

onemouseplace Sat 07-May-16 13:37:56

I started up again last year after a similar gap - I'd self-taught as a teenager from my Mum's 70s yoga book, then been to the occasional gym based class, and then a few pregnancy yoga classes.

Then went to a beginner's class (very nervously) and it was just fine - I remembered far more than I thought I would!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now