Good online/YouTube yoga recommendations

(9 Posts)
NightOwl17 Mon 16-Nov-15 12:32:12

Can anybody recommend a good online yoga tutorial fit for a beginner please?

I'd like to start going to a class at my gym but thought I'd try to get a bit of a head start at home before I do so that I don't look like as much of a beginner as I actually am!

Also if anyone has got any tips or things they wish they knew when learning that would be great. I'm not a complete couch potato but am far from being fit either so if I can get some words of wisdom I'd much appreciate it!

CoteDAzur Mon 16-Nov-15 13:34:02

There is a lot of love for Yoga With Adrienne on this topic. I still haven't tried her videos on YouTube yet but everyone seems to love her 30 Days Of Yoga series.

No problem starting a studio as a complete beginner! Everybody starts somewhere and nobody was terribly flexible when they started. Just start and see how it goes. And enjoy smile

mercifulTehlu Mon 16-Nov-15 13:46:08

Yup - yoga with Adrienne is fab. She is just lovely to listen to, and has a relaxed approach about doing poses the way they feel good for you. It's certainly the most chilled-out yoga I've ever done and I always feel really positive and happy afterwards, as well as feeling I've had a good stretch/workout. I may have a slight girl-crush on her blush.

NightOwl17 Mon 16-Nov-15 21:51:25

Thank you both so much for your replies, I'll have a look at Adrienne now.

CoteDAzur - The class at the gym doesn't say it's for beginners or anything so I was just worried that if everyone else knows what they're doing that I'll hold everyone up but like you say everyone was there once.

mercifulTehlu - The main reason I want to do it is to learn to relax & chill out a bit when I finish work as it's quite stressful so hoping I feel the same as you!

Thanks again smile

RubberDuck Tue 17-Nov-15 21:17:24

Yep, 30 Days of Yoga with Adrienne is the way to go, she's amazing smile

Sunstarmoon Tue 22-Nov-16 12:38:21

www.movementformodernlife.com is what I use for yoga at home. The teachers are really normal and there are loads of beginner classes on there ;)

Ssenunni Thu 01-Dec-16 19:04:41

Another vote for Yoga with Adriene! She has a huge range of videos and a really lovely manner. She also has a sense of humour which can sometimes be lacking in other YouTube yoga vids.

nettie Thu 01-Dec-16 19:58:08

Another vote for Adriene here ( also have a bit of girl crush on her, seems to be a common side effect wink)

Eastpoint Sun 11-Dec-16 18:55:39

I love Adriene too, she has such a good attitude to life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now